- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Design Manager - Kilkenny / Dublin (Full Time)
Kilkenny / Dublin, Ireland
What you will do?
Entegro are seeking an individual who will enhance our Design project team. You will be based in our Kilkenny & Dublin offices and you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with design quality and managing the efficient delivery of our network design projects.
What is expected of you
- Produce project plans and resource requirement forecasts
- Manage and allocate resource to deliver projects as efficiently as possible and to the required standard
- Produce process and work instruction documentation to ensure the project is being delivered as efficiently as possible
- Produce & Maintain risk register and put a plan in place to mitigate the effects these risks have on the project plan
- Update and maintain trackers and record systems.
- Provide daily/weekly updates to the Operations Manager
- Communicate and liaise with client representatives
- Provide full estimate of project costs and manage DFE’s as they arise
- Provide detailed monthly, quarterly and annual reports on project and personnel KPI’s
Who you are
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering/electrical/electronic discipline or equivalent experience
- Must be highly skilled in HFC designing – Irish type networks
- Proficient in AutoCAD and GIS software.
- Strong track record in design discipline in telecommunications industry, preferably in a fibre optic/GPON environment
- Programme/Project Management qualification
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Logical approach to solving problems
- Ability to manage a design team where there is a requirement to prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment
- Client focused
What you will know & understand
- Previous experience in managing teams in an office environment
- Project Management experience
- Civils / Telecoms / Networks experience
- Previous experience in Telecommunications Programme Management
- HFC & FTTH designing
- Proficiency in variety of HFC Design Tools like, Lode Data, AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Spatial Net etc.
- Experience on Languages like Python, AutoLISP, Visual Basic etc.
- Excellent experience on GE Smallworld platform
Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.