- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
QC Build Manager - Northern Ireland (Full Time)
Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
We are currently seeking QC Build Manager to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order
to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
As QC Build Manager, you are responsible for the successful delivery of Fibre Optic Network construction projects in Northern Ireland.
Directly reporting to the Operations Manager NI, the QC Build Manager will ensure that the Build Programme and customer installations are delivered to the required HSEQ, time and cost standards.
You are also responsible for the effective management of internal and external stakeholders, including Local Authorities, Community Bodies etc.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, self-motivated and flexible, as they will need to oversee the quality of the build and meet demanding deadlines.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include
- A leader of Quality and H&S promoting and managing excellent SHEQ practices across the business and its contractors to ensure high standards are maintained.
- Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high-quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with recovery plans in place to minimise any adverse effects.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported.
- Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to Senior Management.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with our Client, internal departments and customers as necessary to deliver projects.
- Setting up and managing an effective quality control verification process for fibre build/construction by internal and third party teams.
- Ensure all completion documentation and As-built information are handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor, and it is checked and verified.
Key skills and experience
- FTTP Regional Delivery >3 years
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to set a good example to others.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
- BT PIA accredited
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
- Understanding of method statements and risk assessments.
- Commercial Awareness - understands the basic cost models and cost-to-completion projections.
- Experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations Northern Ireland
- Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act1 1991 – Northern Ireland
- Experience of recognised project management methodology.
What’s on offer for the successful candidates?
- Competitive salary + performance-based incentive
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.