- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Regional Field Engineers (Full Time)
Midlands / South East, Ireland
An opportunity exists for a Second Line Support Engineer to join our Clients Network Operations Team.
As a Field Engineer you will directly contribute to the building of a state of the art operations capability, working with our clients second line support team; ideally with domain expertise across two or more of OSS, Optical Line Termination (OLT), Optical Network Termination (ONT), DWDM and IP (Nokia an advantage); and requiring deep specialist domain expertise- or the aptitude to develop such in OLT, ONT and Passive Optical Network (PON) technology, systems and related processes.
You understand the importance of developing a strong relationship with our Clients Network Operations & Engineering teams as well as managing the performance of third-party vendors who will provide third-line support. You will work with a diverse team of people - with ICT systems and operational process expertise; and you will be responsible for delivering specialist OLT, ONT and PON technical support to assure continuity of network service; and the installation, commissioning and test of network infrastructure.
- Responsible for a region of approximately 40-50 nodes.
- In field repair and preventative maintenance to support optimal function and performance of all FTTH access network elements across the OSS, OLT, ONT, Microwave DWDM and IP domains; specializing in Fibre, OLT, ONT & PON
- Support the resolution of complex customer issues
- Support the adherence to key operational processes
- Support the acceptance of new/enhanced network resources into production
- Support the resolution of complex single- and multi-domain issues
- Contribute to the performance management of the operations team and third-party contractors
- Contribute to an open team culture of excellence, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Develop a strong relationship with colleagues in the Network Operations Centre and the Customer Operations teams; as well as liaising with third-party vendor specialists who will provide third-line support
- Work with business stakeholders and IT to ensure the quality of documentation and ability to measure and manage the performance of the network to stringent KPIs
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years technology/operations experience in an ICT environment
- A third level qualification in engineering, computer science, physics or similar
- Skilled in OLT/ONT trouble shooting, OTDR testing, Fibre Fault finding, Core Fibre, FTTx
- Ideally, domain knowledge across OSS, OLT, ONT, DWDM & IP (Nokia an advantage); and deeper domain expertise in Fibre Fault finding, OLT, ONT & PON
- Knowledge of Analytic Trouble Shooting (ATS) techniques; test methodologies and techniques; and an aptitude for analysis, prioritization, and clear technical communication – to identify root causes of functional and performance problems and generate remedies and resolutions
- Highly responsible with an ability to work on call and on own initiative
- Excellent understanding of ICT operations
- Excellent written, oral communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills
What’s on offer for successful candidates?
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.