• 1. Jobs /
  • 2. Job Description /
  • 3. Job Application

HSEQ Manager (Full Time)

Kilkenny, Ireland

Description

Overview                          

We are currently seeking a HSEQ Manager to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and manage the full Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality process for the company.

Role & Responsibilities

This role will be office based in our Kilkenny HQ around 60% of the time and the other 40% you will be traveling to customer sites around Ireland and Northern Ireland and UK.

  • Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders in relation to Health & Safety HSEQ activities
  • Act as site contact for regulatory bodies and other external bodies such as HSA on H&S issues
  • Develop and implement all necessary HSEQ procedures and policies and ensure compliance with legislation, codes, standards and industry best practice
  • Facilitate site teams in the execution of planned inspections, risk assessments, training needs analysis, PPE surveys and occupational health & hygiene surveys including workstation ergonomic surveys
  • Ensure all accidents and incidents are thoroughly recorded and investigated by Management to identify route causes and ensure that effective corrective actions are taken as required
  • Identify, control and provide information to employees on site occupational health hazards
  • Ensure that all new employees receive Induction training on site health and safety policies, procedures and rules
  • Ensure all emergency response procedures including facilities and reports are maintained to required regulatory and company standards
  • Establish a system for Contractor Management whereby Contractors are trained and training records maintained, provide induction training and ensure contractors are always compliant to site rules
  • Review high-risk activities on site and develop improvement programmes based on the Safety Hierarchy of Controls theory
  • Maintain records of all relevant HSEQ documentation, reports, files, forms, etc. using the company’s software and a suitable, electronic filing system, such as SharePoint.
  • Monitor and review site specific H&S HSEQ KPIs
  • Assess need for and manage accreditation of the H&S management system to a recognise standard (ISO) ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001- already in place
  • Prepare for and manage the yearly re-certification NSAI audits
  • Train or organise training for staff at all levels on H&S issues and responsibilities
  • Prepare and maintain the Safety File for all current projects, in IRL and NI
  • Prepare PSDP/PSCS and Environmental Plans as required
  • Prepare DRA for all projects in progress

 

The ideal candidate will have

  • A relevant qualification in Occupational Safety and Health preferably Level 8 NFQ
  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff and stakeholders
  • PSDP/PSCS/IOSH certifications
  • NI/UK/IRL Legislation and compliance in regards HSEQ
  • Train the trainer certification in Manual Handling
  • Qualified to carry out;

                       Ladder Safety & Equipment Training

                       Working at height equipment inspection

                       Fire Saftey & Risk

  • Drive for achieving a high standard of work
  • Ability to work well as part of a team
  • Ability to work on their own initiative
  • Attention to detail
  • Good working knowledge of MS Suite
  • Flexibility in working duties and areas of work

Please Note:

Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.

Salary

DOE

About us

Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.

Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.

The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients. 

Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.