- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
DWDM Engineers - UK (Full Time)
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Exciting opportunities have arisen for both Junior & Senior DWDM Commissioning Engineers to work in South East London and North Midlands in the UK. The successful candidates will be highly organised, self-motivated and flexible as they will need to manage a number of diverse projects simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines on time and on budget.
- Installation, Commissioning and Integration of Client’s Transmission Network
- New wavelengths commissioning, optical power balancing, optical spectrum analysis, OSA Testing, 10G Ethernet Testing
- Rack Installation
- Equipment Installation
- Power Install (PDU)
- Cabling (CATx & Fibre)
- Card Infills
- Equipment configuration
- Equipment standalone testing
- Equipment commissioning
- Link/Span testing
- Able to utilize BER test equipment.
- Advantageous if you have the ability to use OTDR and interpret results
- Understands attenuation, light levels, etc...
- Good ability to Fault-find
- Compiling test documentation
- Key Attributes
- Good work ethic
- Able to work in a team/or individually.
- Good Communicator (verbally and written)
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience of working with a range of telecom test equipment/technologies - high degree of technical knowledge with practical hands-on experience of DWDM Engineering & Ciena equipment
- PC skills (IT Literacy)
- Experienced in working as project / delivery engineer and coordinating with implementation and operational teams
- Ability to work both in a team and on your own efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work in a focused manner under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload to best meet the demands of the business
- Self-motivated, adaptability and the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Must be willing to travel
- Full clean drivers licence
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the UK will be considered for the role.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.