- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Head of Planning (Full Time)
Reporting to the SMT Member you will lead a team of FTTH Design Managers. The Head of Planning will Implement all strategies and methodologies for customer projects as per client requirement.
You will be responsible for delivery of all Customer Planning requirements in line with the commercial contracts and project timelines.
This role requires someone who is a strong Leader with excellent organisational abilities. You should have extensive experience in Design, Engineering and Implementation and have excellent attention to detail and have a passion for quality.
Responsible for effectively managing the company’s Planning function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, the Department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company’s operating profit and increases the value added to the company.
- Sourcing and onboarding of Design and Survey Partners to meet pipeline requirements.
- Working with Head of Operations understand project requirement & deliveries and advise on the best Design/GIS team suitable to meet this need and make the necessary arrangement to make this team available.
- Responsible for leading with the client and across the company on engineering rules and principles.
- Overall owner of Network Design Rules Guidelines for the Team per client and project.
- Responsible for processes within the Design and GIS and ensuring that efficiency is at a ‘best in class’ level.
- Creating a Training Program across the Design and GIS Team from Graduate to Management Level.
- Primary stakeholder for onboarding of new Design Project / Clients.
- Continuously working with Head of Operations and Design Managers to understand project pipeline and ensure necessary resources are available.
- Work with Design / GIS Leads and Managers to identify staff not performing to necessary level and put in place a performance improvement plans.
- Working with Technical Director to continuously research the latest Design and Survey Tool / Technology available
- In the market and how these can be used to keep us at ‘Best in Class’ level.
- Working with Technical Director to identify repetitive tasks within the Design and GIS Team to identify how these could be automated to improve efficiency.
- Weekly and Monthly reporting on key roll requirements e.g., Supplier, Team / Client Risk, Training and Development
- Team Performance, Project & Process Improvement.
- Participate in commercial proposals and advise on Key Metrics from other projects and how it would need to be structured.
Knowledge and Experience
- Responsible for effectively managing the company’s Planning function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, the Department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company’s operating profit and increases the value added to the company.
- Successful in leading and developing large teams.
- Proven record of delivering improvement initiatives and innovations.
- Compiling weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using data to support decisions.
- Excellent communicator.
- An excellent influencer at all levels, including the ability to develop credibility quickly with Senior Managers/decision makers.
- A passion for providing first class customer first experience.
- A strong and motivated leader with the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through analysis.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.