- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Civils Supervisor - Kent (Full Time)
Kent , United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Civil's Supervisor from the Kent or surrounding area to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
As a Civil's Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising the installation of telecom's FTTH infrastructure in MDU's & New Developments to detailed network design guidelines, including excavation and reinstatement of new network from network demarcation point to property.
- Directly reporting to the Build Operations Manager, you will ensure that the Build Programme and customer installations are delivered to the required HSEQ, time and quality standards.
- You are also responsible for the effective management of internal and external stakeholders, including Local Authorities, Community Bodies etc.
- The successful candidate will be highly organised, self-motivated and flexible, as they will need to oversee the quality of the build and meet demanding deadlines.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include;
- A leader of Quality and H&S promoting and managing excellent SHEQ practices across the business and its contractors to ensure high standards are maintained.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with recovery plans in place to minimise any adverse effects.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with our client, internal departments and customers as necessary to deliver projects.
Key skills and experience
- Experienced in carrying out inspections/ auditing field operatives in safety procedures, specification and legislative compliance and performance.
- Strong experience in Streetworks working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to set a good example to others.
- Must have a valid NRSWA Supervisor qualification
- Good understanding of FTTP deployment and ideally Openreach network use; PIA underground and overhead.
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
- Understanding of method statements and risk assessments.
- Strong understanding of planning packs, straight Line Diagrams (SLD) and Fibre Allocation Sheets
- Experienced in managing supply chain field teams effectively with an eye for managing safety, compliance and performance.
- Ability to learn job specific company software.
- Experience of recognised project management methodology.
- Ability to communicate with members of the public and building owners in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Full, clean Driving Licence.
What’s on offer for the successful candidates?
- Competitive salary + performance-based incentive
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this role.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.