- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Fibre Installations Supervisor - Kent (Full Time)
Kent, United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Fibre Installations Supervisor to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
As a Fibre Installations Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising installation of telecoms FTTH infrastructure in MDU's & New Developments to detailed network design guidelines, including cabling, splicing and testing.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include;
- Resolving any on site issues throughout the installation stages.
- Creating a good relationship with your team and all other stakeholders involved in delivering the project.
- Take full responsibility for supervision & quality control of onsite works.
- Working closely with our project teams and supply chain, to ensure technical requirements are understood and met.
- Ensure site set up in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- Capturing all issues daily and escalate if needs be.
- Sponsor and support new ways of working which would improve delivery.
- Meet agreed deadlines for delivery of project programme.
- Ensure any deviations to site survey are managed effectively and efficiently so as not to delay works.
- Ensure works completed in accordance with Entegro’s & client’s technical guidelines.
- Ensure works completed to meet building stakeholder, Entegro’s and client requirements.
- To ensure that any customer related issues are managed effectively.
Key skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Fibre installation / Technical role.
- Knowledge and experience of Supervisory work in the utility industry.
- Strong understanding of planning packs, straight Line Diagrams (SLD) and Fibre Allocation Sheets
- Experience with fibre deployment using the BT PIA duct network.
- Experienced in carrying out inspections/ audits in safety procedures, specification & legislative compliance, and performance.
- OTDR experience -EXFO, CMA NETTEST, ANRITSU, NOYES or similar
- Good track record in relation to key responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software; excel & word.
- Effective team player
- Proactive and driven approach
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to communicate with members of the public and building owners in a professional and courteous manner.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Full, clean Driving Licence.
What’s on offer for the successful candidates?
- Competitive salary + performance-based incentive
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this role.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.