- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Health & Safety Officer (Full Time)
Working across multiple projects in field survey, design and build activities, delivering telecom infrastructure in rural and urban environments, ensuring that practices and procedures within the business coincide with safety legislation and that standards are upheld and maintained across all work streams.
What you will do:
As a HSEQ officer, you'll use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. You'll also ensure that both Entegro and our employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. You will be part of an internal compliance team, ensuring our quality, health and safety and environmental standards and legal compliance is delivered across all our projects.
What is expected of you:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Gathering, analyzing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of Safety Files, PSDP/PSCS Plans, Pre-construction Safety Packs
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Available for travel to sites across ROI and NI to carry out site investigations
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NFQ Level 8 BSc (Hons) in Occupational Safety and Health or similar qualification
- Excellent knowledge of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and other applicable legislations
- Experience handling of H&S investigations and site review
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
- Excellent Microsoft package skills, e.g. Outlook, Excel, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Teams
- A vibrant young team in an international, multi-cultural environment where you’ll be working for a leading player in Telecommunication Industry.
- Ownership in your work and the support to implement out-of-box solutions.
- A competitive salary with added benefits.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.