- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Python Developer (QGIS/ArcGIS) (Full Time)
We are currently seeking Python developer to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
Reporting to the Technical Director, and working with existing developers and the design teams,you will develop tools to automatethe preparation and implementation of our GIS workflow for planners and surveyors using Python, QGIS, PostGreSQL, ArcGIS and other tools as required.
You will write automation scripts for our GIS workflows that support the survey and design of Fibre To The Premises (FTTP/FTTH) and Hybrid Fibre/Coax (HFC) networks. You will have key involvement in automating the production of designs (Shapefiles), Bills of Materials/Bills of Quantity (CSV/Excel), and job work packs for our customers. Ideally, you will also have the ability to create web applications to present report data to internal and external customers online.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include
- Provide the link between the operational and design areas to enable us to best understand the requirements of the planners and surveyors in the operations teams
- Developing Python automation tools to read data from PostGIS to create reports (PDF, CSV, or web-based)
- Developing Python automation tools to load data to PostGIS, for interfacing with QGIS and ArcGIS
- Development and updating Python plugins for QGIS to automate the work of fibre designers/planners
- Assist the operations team with troubleshooting any issues with the software and work with them to resolution
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
Key skills and experience
- A degree qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Data communications/Networks or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with QGIS and ArcGIS Online
- A minimum of 4 years in a similar position
- A proven record of developing well-documented Python software, preferably in a GIS or network design/automation environment
- Experience interfacing Python with SQL databases, preferably PostGreSQL/PostGIS
- Familiarity with OGR and other GIS libraries, or a demonstrated record of learning and using Python libraries to create software
- A track record of taking user requirements and satisfying them through the development of high-quality Python software
- Ability to work remotely as part of a larger team, including familiarity with collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Excellent English-language written communication skills
- Familiarity with deploying to a Linux environment
- Experience developing web applications using frameworks such as Angular
- Experience of using relational databases in a GIS setting
- Telecommunications experience: Access & Core networks
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.