- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Survey & Liaison Technician - Nationwide (Full Time)
Entegro are seeking an individual who will enhance our Field based team. Due to expansion and growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Wayleave & Survey technician to work with us!
In this role, you will be working as part of the Field Works Team. You will be field based and report to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for gaining wayleave permissions for new telecoms infrastructure required to be placed in or on private grounds. This is typically poles or Underground chambers and their need is determined by the design of the network. In order to gain way leaving permissions, you will gain folio information & be detailing with members of the public, building owners and management companies etc as required to ensure the required permissions are in place for detailed works to enable the provision of client services to residential, business and MDU customers. This is a nationwide role requiring overnight stay as required. As way leaving is not yet a full-time requirement you will be required to spend approx. 50% of your time working within a team surveying existing infrastructure such as underground duct and overhead cable schemes & to accurately capture and record this survey data onto an ipad to enable the design teams to fully understand the type, location and condition of the existing infrastructure in place.
Specific Tasks / Duties:
- Preparation of construction and way leave drawings and documents.
- Liaising with 3rd party private land owners, land managers and building management companies to ensure proposed locations of required new infrastructure is formally agreed and signed.
- Liaise with the Program delivery manager & Client Wayleave officer to ensure way leaving requirements are fulfilled as required
- Identify and record existing network detail to include poles, chambers, ducts, aerial spans etc
- Data capture & record information with the use of hand held technology tools.
- Survey new routes and quantify requirements – poles, chambers wayleaves etc.
- Walkout and survey to include cables, chamber types, underground duct and telecoms poles
Required skills and Experience:
- Valid Driving Licence
- 2 years Previous Wayleaving experience
- Good people orientation and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with 3rd parties and members of public in a professional manner
- Logical approach to solving problems.
- Ability to use hand held technology (ipads)
- Client focused & facing
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home as required
- Work on your own or as part of team.
- Accustomed to working outside.
- Ability to plan your day to gain maximum efficiency
- Experience working on telecoms networks is highly desired.
Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.