Job objective: Strive to continually improve the efficiency and the effectiveness of all our activities, ensuring that you are both responsive to training and strategically focused.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect and review student reports from teachers twice a term.
- Provide student reports to Student Affairs, Phase 1 Manager, etc. as requested.
- Organize and coordinate exam and invigilation schedule for English classes.
- Receive and follow up on student concerns/complaints.
- Implement and enforce Academy policies.
- Keep track of and request academic materials/stationary as needed.
- Coordinate and develop ESP courses.
- Assist Phase 1 Manager in tasks as required
- Act as main point of contact for instructors.
- Act as main point of contact for students regarding academic affairs.
- Create the term schedule and class lists for all classes.
- Schedule assigned instructors’ classes on ETA
- Track that assigned instructors complete daily ETA attendance taking.
- Create shift and level changes for students; register new and returning/postponed students in classes.
- Coordinate and monitor placement tests for incoming students.
- Monitor all instructors and students on a consistent basis.
- Advise and mentor teachers overseen as deemed necessary.
- Find cover for absent instructors; teach classes when coverage is deemed necessary.
- Complete paperwork with instructors upon their return from an absence.
- Monitor updates of weekly attendance record.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Education/Applied Linguistics is preferred.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Fluent in English and preferably in Arabic Language
- Previous experience within Academic Coordination
- GCC experience