WE’RE HIRING HOME CARE WORKERS
Family Carers Ireland has been embedded in Irish homes for over 30 years delivering premium quality care in the home. As well as being an HSE approved home care provider, our focus has always been on providing a personalised quality home care service that responds to changing needs with comprehensive, premium quality supports.
We are currently seeking motivated, dependable and caring people who are interested in providing care in the home in Castlepollard
The main duties of the Home Care Workers may include the following tasks:
- Assisting with caring duties at home, including both personal and practical care tasks e.g. dressing, washing, toileting, light household work;
- Ensuring the dignity, privacy and independence of the Carer and Cared for Person are maintained and respected at all times;
- Providing companionship to the Cared for Person;
- Completing accurate and weekly activity sheets and other mandatory records as assigned;
- Adhering to the ethics and culture of the organisation and the role played in supporting family carers;
- The Home Care Worker will be flexible in his/her approach to performing the duties of the role and may be assigned additional duties from time to time in agreement with their line manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills & attributes:
- At least 1-year relevant experience providing quality care is essential;
- Must hold at a minimum, at least 2 QQI Healthcare modules – Care Skills & Care of the Older Person, and be working towards achieving a full major award;
- Up to date Patient Moving & Handling certificate;
- Satisfactory Garda Vetting;
- Full, clean drivers’ licence;
- Be available to work at various times throughout the week;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
- Be calm, polite and professional while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality;
- Be well presented and have a kind and caring nature;
- Be a reliable and trustworthy individual who is committed to providing quality person centred care in a home environment.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining Family Carers Ireland, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Carers Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
€13.25 per hour